If your Oura app no longer connects to your Oura ring
- First make sure that your ring is charged and within Bluetooth range.
- Make sure that your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth.
- If you have the Android app, make sure that location services are enabled on your device. Also, when you set up your new ring, ring pairing should be done via the Oura app, not in the phone settings.
If you've checked the things mentioned above, and the problem persists, try the following steps one by one.
- Switch your device's Bluetooth connection off and back on.
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Keep the ring and your phone very close to each other.
- Check if the app can find the ring while the ring is connected to the charger.
- Clear the Oura app cache in your phone settings. Backup your data first in the app settings.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and the app by forgetting the ring from your Bluetooth settings. To do this:
- Close the Oura app (also from background.)
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth). Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" or Settings icon to unpair/forget device.
- Relaunch the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
If the connection still fails, restart your phone.
If none of the solutions above fix the issue, please contact Oura support through the app's main menu. Please also see the current known issues.