If your ring's firmware fails to update, the first thing to try is resetting your device's Bluetooth connection.
- Close the Oura app (also from background). Connect the ring to the charger if available.
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings
- Find your Oura ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678). Tap the settings icon to unpair/forget the ring.
- Reopen the app. The ring and app should reconnect after a few seconds.
- Retry firmware update. Keep your ring close to the phone.
If resetting the Bluetooth connection doesn't do the trick, restart your phone.
If the problem persists, please contact Oura support through the app's main menu. Please see also the current known issues.