Before taking any actions listed here, please back up your data in the Oura app settings.
If your Oura ring no longer connects to the app
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. Try toggling it off and on.
- Make sure the ring is close to your phone
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Place the ring on the charger, make sure it's charging and keep it near your mobile device.
- Make sure that your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth.
- When you set up your new ring, ring pairing should be done via the Oura app, not in the mobile device settings.
- Make sure you have the latest Oura app version installed.
If you've checked the things mentioned above, and the problem persists, try the following steps one by one:
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and mobile device by forgetting the ring from Bluetooth settings. To do this:
- Close the Oura app (also from background).
- Go to mobile device Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" to forget device.
- Open the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
- Set up your ring as a new ring following these instructions: Set up a new ring
If none of the solutions above fix the issue, please submit a request to our support team.
Please note that due to a large number of requests, our customer service response times are currently longer than usual. To speed up the process, please provide us your Oura account email when contacting us. You can check your account email in the Oura app settings, under "Account".