If your Oura ring no longer connects to the app
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. Try toggling it off and on.
- Make sure the ring is close to your phone
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Place the ring on the charger, make sure it's charging and keep it near your mobile device.
- Make sure that your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth.
- When you set up your new ring, ring pairing should be done via the Oura app, not in the mobile device settings.
- Make sure you have the latest Oura app version installed.
If you've checked the things mentioned above, and the problem persists, try the following steps one by one:
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and mobile device by forgetting the ring from Bluetooth settings. To do this:
- Close the Oura app (also from background).
- Go to mobile device Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" to forget device.
- Open the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
- Set up your ring as a new ring following these instructions: Set up a new ring
If none of the solutions above fix the issue, please submit a request to our support team.
Please note that due to a large number of requests, our customer service response times are currently longer than usual. To speed up the process, please provide us your Oura account email and if possible perform a manual backup of your data:
Settings > Account > Back up all data.