If your Oura ring no longer connects to the app
- Make sure having the latest Oura app version installed.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Place the ring on the charger, make sure it's charging and keep it near your mobile device.
- Make sure that your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth (e.g. your old phone or tablet).
- Stop all other Bluetooth enabled apps on your mobile device.
- Make sure that location services are enabled on your mobile device. This is because Google changed the permissions required for Bluetooth syncing, starting from Android 6.0. Oura does not use or save the location information.
- Make sure that your mobile device has at least 20% battery and Power Saving mode is turned off.
- Turn off your mobile device's WiFi and make sure that there are no other radio-powered devices nearby (e.g. laptop).
- When you set up your new ring, ring pairing should be done via the Oura app, not in the mobile device settings.
If you've checked the things mentioned above, and the problem persists, try the following steps one by one:
- Switch your mobile device's Bluetooth off, wait 5 seconds and switch back on.
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and mobile device by forgetting the ring from Bluetooth settings. To do this:
- Close the Oura app (also from background).
- Go to mobile device Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" or Settings icon to unpair/forget device.
- Open the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
- Set up your ring as a new ring following these instructions: Set up a new ring
If none of the tips above fix the issue, please try the following. Check your mobile device user manual for further information how to:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache of your mobile device.
- Reset the network settings of your mobile device. Note that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
Note for Huawei users:
We've discovered that some Huawei devices have advanced settings for battery usage optimization for Bluetooth devices, and this has caused connectivity issues. If you're using a Huawei device and your ring doesn't connect to the app, please do the following:
Go to your mobile device settings > Battery > Launch > Oura > Manage manually > check all check boxes.
The last tip is to perform hardware reset for the ring. Note that this procedure may reset the ring data.
- Close the Oura app.
- Place the ring onto the charger (power connected).
- Tap the charger rapidly to table couple of times. Keep the ring in place with the help of your finger when tapping.
- Wait about 30 sec, then open the Oura app to check if the connection is established.
You may try this few times if needed.
If none of the solutions above fix the issue, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to a large number of requests, our customer service response times are currently longer than usual. To speed up the process, please provide us your Oura account email and if possible perform a manual backup of your data:
Settings > Account > Back up all data.