This article is about the new Oura ring. You'll find more information about the first Oura ring here.
Use, care and maintenance
You can wear your Oura ring 24/7. It can be worn in the shower and sauna, when taking a bath or swimming. It's even suitable for snorkeling.
Try to avoid wearing the ring when strength training, working with a shovel or other heavy tools, or carrying heavy objects made of metal, ceramics or stone. In addition, try to avoid wearing the ring next to other rings or objects which are made of metal, ceramics or stones, like diamond. The Oura ring may get scratches or it can scratch softer metal jewelry or other objects, like phone covers, made of e.g. gold, silver, aluminum. Also some ceramic phone covers may get scratches, if covered with softer coating.
Use soft cloth or hand wash with mild soap and water to clean the ring. Always remember to dry your skin under the ring after washing your hands to prevent possible skin irritation.
Keep the ring away from children. Do not leave the ring exposed to heat, such as in a vehicle or in the sun. Do not puncture the ring or its battery.
The ring material is titanium. Like with all rings made of metals such as silver, gold or steel, be careful when handling batteries when you’re wearing the ring. In some rare cases where both the cathode and the anode of a battery touch the ring, there is a risk of battery short circuit, similar to normal metal rings without electronics in them.
What if the ring gets stuck in my finger?
Finger size can vary depending on the time of the day, and sometimes it may be difficult to remove the ring from your finger. In case the ring gets stuck:
- Use cold water and gentle soap to wet your finger, and slowly twist the ring to remove it.
- Hold your hand up above your heart until the blood pressure gets lower, and then try the removal.
- In case of emergency, cut the ring with a ring cutter from the palm side of the finger, from the ring’s thinnest point. In other words, do not cut the ridge of Balance or plain of Heritage. This prevents the battery getting cut. The lithium-ion polymer battery should not have electrolyte flowing, but in case electrolyte comes in contact with your skin or eyes, flush it out with water and seek immediate medical attention.
Product and safety information
Outer surface materials:
- Titanium with real rose gold physical vapor deposition (PVD) coating in rose color rings.
- Titanium with PVD coating in silver color rings.
- Titanium with Diamond-like Carbon Coating (DLC) in other models.
- Note: rose gold contains copper (Cu).
Inner surface materials:
- Non-allergenic, non-metallic seamless inner molding
Water resistant to 100m/328ft
Endures drop of 1m/3.3ft or equivalent impact
Memory capacity: 6 weeks
Battery: rechargeable 15mAh (US6) - 22mAh (US13) Lipo battery, non-replaceable
Battery life: up to 1 week, depending on the amount of sleep and activity
- Dispose of the ring and battery in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations. Special handling may be required.
Operating temperature: -10 – 54C / 14 – 129F (you can wear the ring in sauna)
Charging: wireless charging with Oura charger
Charging time: 20-80 minutes
Charging temperature: 0 - 54C / 32 – 129F (room temperature recommended).
Charger input connector and voltage: USB Type-C connector. USB nominal 5V.
- Charger shall be supplied by a power source that shall meet with clause 2.5 of the standard for limited power supply.
- Charger complies with EN/IEC 60950-1 international safety standard for IT equipment.
Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth Smart®)
Ring firmware updateability: automatic firmware updates via Oura app
Oura app availability: App Store, Google Play
Oura app compatibility: see ouraring.com/compatibility
Privacy: data encryption, secure pairing of the ring and the app
Please note that Oura services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. The information and guidance in the Oura services are there for informational purposes only and cannot replace the services of health professionals or physicians. You should always consult a physician if you have any questions regarding any changes you intend to make to your sleep or activity based on information or guidance of the Oura services, or regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on or through the Oura services.
We are not responsible for any health problems that may result from information or guidance you learn about through the Oura services. If you make any change to your sleep or activity based on the Oura services, you agree that you do so fully at your own risk. It is important to be sensitive to your body’s responses. For example, if you feel unexpected, repeated or long term pain, fatigue or discomfort due to having made changes to your sleep or activity, it is recommended that you consult a physician before continuing with such changes. The information and guidance in the Oura services may be misleading if your physiological functions and responses differ significantly from population averages due to medical conditions or rare natural differences.
Please be cautious that the ring or any other Oura product you are wearing does not get caught on fixed structures or heavy objects when moving yourself or moving said heavier objects.
If you experience redness or skin irritation on your finger due to the ring or any other Oura product, remove it immediately. If symptoms persist longer than 2-3 days of not using your Oura product, please contact a dermatologist.