There are three parts in the Oura solution: the Oura ring, the Oura app and Oura Cloud, the online dashboard for more in-depth data analysis. Both the app and Oura Cloud are continuously evolving, and we’ll be adding features and functionality over time.
Oura app feature highlights
The Oura app works on both iOS and Android. See the latest list of tested devices here.
- Automatic sleep tracking
- Personalized guidance for improving sleep quality and circadian alignment
- Sleep score and sleep quality breakdown
- Sleep stages (light, deep, REM)
- Ideal bedtime guidance
- Daily readiness score and readiness insights
- Night-time resting heart rate and heart rate variability trends
- On-demand resting heart rate and heart rate variability tracking for meditation or breathing exercises (expected in early 2019)
- Body temperature deviation based on continuous night-time measurements
- Night-time average respiratory rate
- Automatic detection of restful moments, such as naps, during the day
Oura measures your physical activity using an extremely sensitive 3D accelerometer.
- Personalized daily activity goal based on recovery and readiness to perform
- Activity score and activity insights
- Intensity, timing and duration of physical activities
- Steps and calories
- Inactivity and sedentary time
- Inactivity alerts
- Option to manually log workouts
- Workout import from Health (iOS)
- Long-term sleep, recovery and activity trends
- Notes and tags
Learn more about the new Oura app here.
Oura ring feature highlights
The Oura ring automatically collects and wirelessly synchs your data to the Oura app. The ring automatically measures your physiological signals, with no switches or flashing lights.
- Oura's proprietary pulse waveform and pulse amplitude variation detection with infrared PPG sensor
- Improved body temperature sensor
- 3D accelerometer and gyroscope
The signals the Oura ring processes are:
- Interbeat interval (IBI)
- Pulse amplitude variation (related to blood pressure variation)
- ECG level resting heart rate (RHR)
- Heart rate variability (HRV)
- Respiratory rate
- Movements, and timing, duration and intensity of physical activity
- Body temperature deviation
Note: The Oura ring doesn't track heart rate during exercise.
- Titanium with scratch resistant coating
- Non-allergenic, non-metallic, seamless inner molding
- Ultra light-weight: 4-6 grams (lighter than a conventional ring)
- Water resistant: 100m / 328ft
Sizes & Colors
- Three unique designs and three different color options, all with the same technical features and functionalities.
- Available in 8 sizes, US6-US13
- Width: 7.9 mm, thickness 2.55 mm (size of a wedding band)
Memory & Connectivity
- Collects data autonomously: In-ring memory to store data up to 6 weeks
- Cypress’ PSoC 6® BLE microcontroller (MCU)
- Connects and syncs to mobile device using Bluetooth Low-Energy Smart
- Ring Airplane mode
- Data encryption
- Secure pairing of the ring and the app
Battery & Charging
- Ring battery life up to one week
- Wireless charging
- Color of charger: black
- Diameter 47.5mm
- Max. height 17.39mm
- USB-C (USB-A to USB-C cable included)
- Specific to ring size
- Charging times: 20–80 minutes depending on charging frequency
Oura Cloud feature highlights
Oura Cloud is a free online dashboard where you can dig deeper into your Oura data and discover long-term trends and correlations.
- Detailed view into sleep, recovery and activity trends and correlations
- Evolving software
- Oura Cloud API - View documentation
Order the new Oura ring now at ouraring.com.